Every 10 years the Texas Historical Commission, in collaboration with our partners, develops a Statewide Historic Preservation Plan for Texas. This plan is an opportunity to lay a pathway, or perhaps blaze a trail, for Texans to preserve, protect, and leverage our historic and cultural fabric for the betterment of our communities statewide.
As you explore the plan, make sure to:
- Use the vision and goals of this plan as a framework for your own local preservation planning and customize strategies for your community or organization.
- Read the THC's Implementation Plan (PDF) for more details on how we will accomplish our goals.
- Consider projects from local preservation groups that align with plan goals, as well as, case studies and resources that are highlighted in the updated 2016 Plan; web link to this document is featured below.
- Share this with members of your organization, interested friends, family and colleagues.
- Preservation Connection: Texas’ Statewide Historic Preservation Plan 2011-2020 (Updated 2016) (pdf)
- Texas’ Statewide Historic Preservation Plan 2011-2020 here
- Texas’ Statewide Historic Preservation Plan 2002-2010 here